Friday, June 19, 2015

Ponderings Along the Pathway...HAPPINESS

Welcome to this month's edition of Ponderings Along the Pathway, an exclusive feature over here on the Path of Positivity.  The purpose of this column is to continue with the goal of this blog which is to create a space "designed to inspire, nurture and provide support for the soul by creating a positive path to follow, one project or post at a time".  Providing some motivational introspection on the themes we cover each challenge period, is one way of achieving this goal.

This month it is all about HAPPINESS and PAT is here to share her thoughts on the subject...
“People take different roads seeking fulfilment and happiness. Just because they’re not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.”  -H. Jackson Brown

There are as many paths toward Happiness as there are people on this earth. Some can be Happy in a financial windfall; others by being surrounded by family or having a soul mate beside them; to some Happiness is loving what they do; and still others feel Happy when waking free from pain in the morning.

I live in a perpetual state of Happiness. No, I am not the richest woman in the world. I still worry and stress about big things and little things (often blowing things out of proportion). I still have goals and desires not yet met. So how can I proclaim that I rarely stray from the path of Happiness? Because I choose to do so. 


“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be” -Abraham Lincoln 

When stressing about things real and imagined, I repeat my mantra: “When all you can do is all you can do then all you can do is enough.” In other words (covering my inner hippie, my faith in the Lord and my pacifist nature): take a chill pill, give it up to God, and life will return to balance! When my momentum slows down and I start looking for a short-cut, I get (and give) hugs freely. You’ll be surprised what five hugs a day will do to your outlook on life! I laugh out loud as many times as I can get away with, which is surprisingly often, and I have been known to perform stand-up comedy in rare moments to share the laughter (I believe it is a contagious disease and I am the “virus” spreading it to those around me). 


“Seeking happiness, I passed many travelers headed in the opposite direction, seeking happiness. -Robert Brault 

So, no matter where you are on the Path of Life, keep a steady pace and a light heart. Be comforted in the knowledge that Happiness surrounds you and all you have to do is recognize and acknowledge it. Look for me along the path. I’ll be the one with a big smile and a Happy little wave when we meet!

 
Please be sure to pop over to Pat's personal blog, Patacake Pages, for more inspiration.

Well folks, that is it for today but please be sure to stop by again on Monday evening when we post the winner announcement for Challenge #26.

May you find a little bit of happiness in every single day!

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Thanks so much Pat for your words of wisdom. I love what you wrote about Happiness. I think happiness is in everything we see and do; if we will just open our eyes and enjoy it! It really is in the little things of life. I really appreciate your wonderful insights each month. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. Have a fabulous day! Hugs, Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com